Instant Bhature - Quick Bhatura Recipe
Kids suddenly demand for bhatura when chole are prepared at home. So, here is the recipe to make bhaturas instantly.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Instant Bhature - Quick Bhatura Recipe
Ingredients for Quick Bhatura Recipe
- Refined Flour- 2 cups ( 250 grams)
- Semolina – 1/4 cup ( 50 grams)
- Potato – 3 ( 150 grams) boiled and peeled
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Baking Soda- Less than 1/4 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp ( or to taste)
- Oil- for frying
How to make Instant Bhature
Grate potatoes using a fine grater over a bowl.
Knead soft dough
Take refined flour in a big bowl and add sooji, curd, salt, baking soda and 2 tsp oil to it. Mix everything well and add grated potatoes to this mixture. Mix everything really well with your hands. Now add water in small portions and knead soft dough same as required for making paranthas.
After this, grease your hands with some oil and knead until smooth. Apply some oil over the dough and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes to set. For kneading this much quantity of dough 1/4 cup of water is used.
After the dough is ready, grease your hands with oil and knead the dough again. Dust your hand with some dry flour and make small lumps from it. Roll each lump into round dough balls. Meanwhile place the wok over flame to heat.
Roll out the bhatura
Apply some oil over the rolling board and pin. Take one dough ball and place it over the board. Flatten it a little and very gently roll out a little. Lifting it up from the board squeezes out the bhatura. Therefore, roll it out a little first. Instead of lifting the bhatura again and again just keep rotating the rolling board and roll out the bhatura thinly like a parantha.
Fry the Bhaturas
To check if the oil is hot enough, drop a small dough lump into the oil. The lump has started floating on the surface too quickly that means oil is heated well. Now gently slide the bhatura in hot oil to fry. Press down the bhatura using a ladle to puff it up. Flip the side when it puffs up and continue frying until it gets golden brown in color.
When the bhatura is fried drain it out over a plate covered with napkin paper. While taking out the bhaturas hold the ladle over the wok so that excess oil drains back into it.
Other method to roll out bhatura
Dust the bhatura with some dry flour and roll it out similarly as stated above. For this, there is no need to roll out the rolling board. Lift up the bhatura and keep rolling it out just like a parantha. If the bhatura sticks to the rolling board dust it again with some dry flour. Place this rolled bhatura into the oil very gently and press it down with a ladle to puff it up. Fry until golden brown from both the sides.
Puffy and super tempting instant bhaturas are ready. Serve these lip smacking bhaturas steaming hot with chole and relish eating.
For making 8 to 10 bhaturas.
- Finely grate the potatoes so that it gets convenient to knead the dough.
- Add water in small portions. Make sure it is not too thin. Keep it little stiff as potatoes make the dough soft with its moisture.
- Potato is used to make the dough soft. Curd and soda are also used for the same reason.
- Adding sooji to the bhatura help make them puffy and also prevent them from dabbling.
- You can keep the size and shape of bhaturas as per your preference.
- You can use any of the two above stated method as per your preference for rolling out the bhaturas. But don't roll them out too thinly, keep them little thick.
- If the oil gets too hot while frying the bhaturas then reduce the flame.
- Recipe for Kids
- Poori, Naan and Paratha
- Punjabi Recipes
- North Indian Recipes
- Indian Regional Recipes
- Indian Street Food
- Bhatura Recipe