Dahi wale aloo recipe - Dahiwale Aloo ki Subzi
Aloo rassa is also known as dahi wale aloo. This recipe is prepared with boiled potatoes and curd and tastes super scrumptious. Serve this sabzi in dinner song with paranthas; you will like it for sure. It’s a hit amongNorthern India.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Dahi wale aloo recipe - Dahiwale Aloo ki Subzi
Ingredients for Dali Aloo ka rasa
- Potatoes – 6 boiled (300 grams)
- Curd – ½ cup or 125 grams (whisked)
- Green coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilly – 2 to 3 (finely minced)
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp or less
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
How to make Dahiwale Aloo ki Subzi
Peel the boiled potatoes.
Heat a pan for making the sabzi. Take 2 tbsp oil in a pan and let it heat sufficiently. When the oil is hot, add asafoetida, cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add coriander powder, turmeric powder and finely chopped green chilly. Stir the masala with a ladle and sauté for a while. Crumble the potatoes with your hands and add it to the masala.
Mix all the ingredients really well. Keep stirring for up to 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1.5 cups of water and cover the wok. Let it simmer for few minutes and then add red chilly powder.
Now add thoroughly whisked curd to the sabzi and keep stirring continuously.
When the sabzi starts simmering, add salt and let it simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Mix chopped green coriander to the sabzi. Aloo rassa sabzi is ready, turn off the flame and transfer the sabzi to a bowl.
Scrumptious aloo rassa sabzi is ready, garnish with some coriander sprigs and serve steaming hot with chapatti, parantha, rice or poori and relish eating.
- After the gravy starts simmering, only then add curd to it in small portions and keep stirring continuously.
- Keep the curd outside half hour prior before bringing it in use. This brings the curd to normal temperature if placed in refrigerator. Then whisk the curd well and use.
- For 4 to 5 members
- Time – 20 minutes