Sai Bhaji Recipe - Sindhi Sai Bhaji Vegetarian Recipe
Sai bhaji prepared with spinach, green cholai leaves, fresh vegetables and soaked dal can be served with rice and steaming hot chapatti.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Sai Bhaji Recipe
Ingredients for Sai Bhaji Recipe
- Spinach - 250 grams (remove thick stalks, washed and chopped finely)
- Cholai - 1 cup (clean, washed and finely chopped)
- Pumpkin - 100 grams (finely chopped)
- Potato - 1
- Tomato - 3 (200 grams)
- Green chilly - 2
- Brinjal - 1
- Gwar Phalli - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Beans - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Chana dal - 1/4 cup (soaked)
- Oil - 2 to 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp or as per taste
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Green coriander - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Salt - more than 1 tsp or as per taste
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (grated or paste)
How to make Sindhi Sai Bhaji Vegetarian
Wash tomato and green chilies, chop in big chunks and make paste.
Preheat some oil in a pressure cooker. When oil is hot, add asafoetida and cumin seeds into it. After sauteing cumin seeds, add turmeric powder, ginger, coriander powder, green chilly paste, red chilly powder and saute the spices until oil starts separating from it.
Meanwhile, chop potatoes and brinjal in small chunks.
When masala is ready, add chana dal, chopped potatoes, brinjal, gwar phali, beans, pumpkin, cholai, spinach and salt and mix everything really well. Add 1 cup water and close the pressure cooker with lid. Cook vegetables until it simmers once. Now turn off the flame and cook vegetables for 10 minutes on low flame.
Turn off the flame. When all steam escapes, remove the lid and stir the sabzi and mash it. Add green coriander as well. Take out the sabzi in a bowl.
Sai sabzi is ready, garnish with green coriander sprigs. Serve piping hot sai sabzi with chapatti, parantha or rice and relish eating.
- If you wish to add onion and garlic in the sabzi then, after sauteing cumin seeds add 1 or 2 chopped onion and 4 to 5 garlic cloves. Saute until they turn pinkish in color and follow the same method as mentioned above.
- You can add vegetables as per your taste and preference and you can even skip the ones you don't like.
- For 4 to 6 members
- Time - 60 minutes