Kashmiri Pulao Recipe
You can prepare this mouth drooling Kashmiri pulao recipe which is full of dry fruits, on special occasion. People will not forget to praise you after tasting this delectable dish.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Kashmiri Pulao Recipe
Ingredients for Kashmiri Pulav
- Basmati rice - 1 cup (200 grams)
- Ghee - 2-3 tbsp
- Green coriander - 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch baton (sliced thinly in long pieces)
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Raisins - 3 tbsp
- Cashews - 3 tbsp
- Almonds - 3 tbsp
- Pistachios - 10-12
- Fennel powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - more than 1 tsp ( or as per taste)
- Kashmiri red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Brown cardamom - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch piece
- Clove - 4
- Black pepper - 8-10
- Bay leaf - 2
How to make Kashmiri Pulav
Wash rice thoroughly and soak in water for 1/2 hour. After 1/2 hour, strain the excess water.
Make 6-7 pieces of each almond and 3-4 pieces of each cashew. Slice the pistachios thinly length wise. Remove stalk of raisins and clean with dry cloth.
When ghee is sufficiently hot, add cumin seeds, whole spices and bay leaf. Saute for few minutes and now add chopped ginger and ginger paste, green chilly and dry fruits as well. Saute for few more minutes. When all ingredients are aptly sauted and nice aroma can be smelled, add fennel powder, rice, salt and red chilly powder as well and saute for 2 minutes.
Now add 2 cups of water in rice and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame. Check and stir the rice nicely. Cook for 5 more minutes and stir nicely. Cover and cook for another 3 minutes. Check later. Rice are now cooked aptly. Turn off the flame and keep the rice as it is for 10-15 minutes. Take out pulao in a bowl or plate. Garnish with green coriander and dry fruits.
- You can use cooked rice for making Kashmiri pulao. For this saute all spices and dry fruits. Add these saute ingredients in cooked rice and mix well. Kashmiri pulao will be prepared easily.
- You can use dry fruits as per your taste and preference. Increase the quantity of those you prefer eating more and decrease the ones you don't like eating much. You can even skip the use of dry fruits you don't like eating.
Kashmiri Pulao Recipe Video in Hindi