Mawa Malpua for Vrat - Falahari Mawa Malpua for Navratri
Malpua prepared with mawa mixed in singhara atta (water chestnut flour) during fasts are scrumptious to eat as well as look best. Don't forget to prepare them during Navratri or any other fasts.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Mawa Malpua for Vrat
Ingredients for Farali Malpua Recipe
- Mawa - 3/4 cup (150 grams)
- Water chestnut flour (singhara) - 1/2 cup (75 grams)
- Sugar - 1 cup (200 grams)
- Milk - 1 cup
- Pistachios - 10 to 12
- Green cardamom - 6 to 7
- Ghee - For frying
How to make Phalahari Malpua for Navratri
Place mawa, singhara flour and milk in a mixture grinder. Grind to make a smooth batter. Take out batter in a bowl.
Keep the batter aside for 15 to 20 minutes so that it ferments well. Chop the pistachios finely and powder the cardamoms.
Make Sugar Syrup:
Take sugar and 1/2 cup water in a vessel and place it over flame to heat. When it simmers, check the sugar syrup. Take 1 to 2 drops of syrup in a plate and stick it between your thumb and finger, then pull apart. If single thread forms, that means sugar syrup is ready. Mix cardamom powder into it. Turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
Heat ghee in a wok. When ghee is medium hot, place 1 tsp batter into it. Fry the malpua on medium flame. When it turns brown, flip the sides and allow it to turn brown from other side as well. Take out the malpua and place it over a plate. Likewise prepare all malpua.
Dip the malpua in sugar syrup and place them over a plate. Garnish with some chopped pistachios. Malpua for fasts are ready, serve and relish eating.
- If the batter is thick then malpua will not come out thin. Some milk can be added in the batter to make it bit thin in consistency. If the batter is too thin then the malpua will not get the correct shape. Add some sighara flour in the batter to make it thick.
- If the sugar syrup is thick, it may not enter malpua aptly. Add 1 to 2 tsp water in syrup to rectify the consistency. When sugar syrup is thin, then the malpuas will get the correct moistness and will be soft. Cook the syrup for while to get the apt consistency of syrup.
- Snacks Recipes
- vrat recipe
- Vrat Recipes
- navratri vrat recipes
- health recipe
- vrat food
- Farali dishes
- mawa malpua
- navratri festival