Cornmeal Halwa Recipe - Makki Atte Ka Halwa
Maize flour is not only used for making rotis but many other traditional dishes like maheri, lapsi (porridge) and many more can be prepared. Try making this Rajasthani Corn meal halwa today, everyone will surely like it.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Makki Atte Ka Halwa
Ingredients for Makki Atte Ka Halwa
- Maize flour - 1/2 cup (80 grams)
- Ghee - 1/3 cup (70 grams)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup (120 grams)
- Cashews - 10-12
- Almonds - 10-12
- Green cardamom - 4-5
- Dry coconut - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Raisins - 1 tbsp (remove stalk)
How to make Cornmeal Halwa Recipe
Preheat ghee in a pan. When ghee is sufficiently hot add maize flour. Stir the flour constantly and cook on low-medium flame until it turns slightly brown in color and you get good aroma from it.
Now add 1.5 cup water and sugar into it and mix well. Cook on medium flame until halwa turns thick in consistency.
Dice almond and cashews in small pieces. Peel cardamom and make powder. When halwa turns thick in consistency add coconut, almonds, cashews, raisins and cardamom powder into it and mix well. Keep few almonds and cashews for garnishing later.
Mouth drooling and scrumptious Corn meal halwa is ready, take it out in a bowl. Pour some ghee on top and garnish with cashews, almonds and serve.
- The quantity of sugar and ghee can be increased or decreased as per your taste.
- You can even increase or decrease the quantity of dry fruits as per your taste. You can skip the use of dry fruits you don't like eating and increase the quantity of dry fruits you like the most.
- For 3-4 family members
- Time - 30 minutes